Former basketball player indicted on sexual assault charge

One of three former TCU athletes accused of sexually assaulting another student in a dorm room last year has been indicted by a Tarrant County grand jury, according to court records.Shannon Monroe Behling , 20, a former basketball player, was indicted Tuesday on a charge of aggravated sexual assault by threat, according to court records.

The two other men accused in the assault, Lorenzo L. Jones , 21, a former football player, and former basketball player Virgil Allen Taylor , 20, have not been indicted and it’s unclear whether their cases have been presented to a grand jury. All three men are currently out on bail.

Prosecutor Sheila Wynn declined to comment on the cases Wednesday.

In October 2006, Behling, Taylor and Jones were arrested after an 18-year-old woman reported that Taylor sexually assaulted her in Taylor’s room on the third floor of Moncrief Hall, according to court documents.

Police have said Taylor lured the woman to his dorm room on the pretext of repaying her money he owed her. There, the woman told police, she was given a sports drink that caused her to pass out sometime between 8 p.m. on Oct. 13 and 7 a.m. of the following day.

Police searched the room and recovered $100 and a bra, both items the victim reported stolen, according to court records.

The victim went to the Health Center and said she had been sexually assaulted. The Health Center alerted the dean of Campus Life who contacted police, according to a police report.

The woman told police she awoke briefly to find Taylor having sex with her, and Taylor later implicated Behling and Jones, according to court records.

Behling never played in a game for the Horned Frogs after transferring from Aiken Technical College in Graniteville, S.C. Taylor had not been with the team since September 2006.

Behling was removed from the basketball team after the arrest. Taylor and Jones were removed from their respective teams before the arrest.

Behling, Jones and Taylor were all separated from the school after the incident, said Don Mills, vice chancellor for student affairs.